Berber carpet is one of the most durable carpet types for your home. It lasts a long time but because so much of the fiber is exposed it requires more frequent cleaning. The good news is that it does clean well. As you can see from the before and after photos, taken at condo cleaning in Tampa FL, heavy soil can be removed with some effort. Here is a quick guide on how to clean Berber carpet stains.
1) Start with a thorough vacuuming of the area. Adjust your vacuum to the lowest height setting to ensure your getting good contact with the fibers.
2) Mix a cleaning solution of 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup of water, and 1/2 teaspoon of dish washing detergent.
3) Pour the cleaning solution into a spray bottle and shake is vigorously to mix.
4) Spray the soiled area and wait about 30 seconds.
5) Blot up the solution with a clean white towel to remove the dirt and cleaning solution.
6) Place another clean white towel on the spot and stand on it for another 30 seconds, Until all the cleaning solution is removed.
7) I recommend rinsing the spot with tap water and drying it again with a clean white towel. This will make sure no dirt attracting residue is left behind.
Repeat these steps as necessary to remove the soil from the carpet. If the stain remains it might be time to call a professional carpet cleaner. If you live in Tampa FL call Chem-Dry of Tampa for your carpet cleaning needs.