So you just had your carpet cleaned and you want to maintain that healthy clean house feeling all year round. Here are some tips on how to keep your carpets clean from a carpet cleaning professional in Tampa FL.
1. Keep your shoes out of your home - This may be harder than you think but, it will keep your carpets fresh and reduce the amount of bacteria and other germs in your home.
2. Clean up stains as soon as they happen - This might sound simple, but it can be difficult to drop everything you're doing to deal with even minor spots in your carpet. The longer a stain stays in the carpet the more difficult it is to remove once you do get around to it.
3. Blot don't rub - When your cleaning up the inevitable spill on the carpet, make sure to blot the spot with a clean white towel, don't rub it. This is one of those bizarre times when less is more. Rubbing the spot could set the stain permanently into the carpet.
4. Clean up spills with soda water - The bubbling action in soda water will help lift the stains to the surface making it easier to blot up with your clean white towel.
5. Vacuum for your health - Vacuuming at least twice a week will do a lot for keeping your carpets clean and healthy. Vacuuming for 30 minutes will burn about 90 calories and release endorphins to make you happy.
6. Get your carpet professionally cleaned - Getting your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year (I recommend every 9 months) will extend the life of your carpet by several years.
I hope this article has given you some good ideas on how to keep your carpet clean and healthy. If you live in the Tampa FL and need a your carpet cleaned call Chem-Dry of Tampa for a free estimate.