Anyone who has raised a puppy, or has a older dog, has dealt with pet urine spots in carpet. We love our pets and can’t begrudge them an accident or two, but sometimes it’s a real problem. Pet urine in carpet is tough to remove, if it’s not removed before it dries it’s nearly impossible to get out. Once it dries the urine crystalizes, corrupting your carpet fibers, backing, and ultimately the pad underneath.
Pet Urine is much more than just a stain it actually damages your carpet. When it gets warm or humid, which is often the situation in Tampa FL, pet urine crystals release ammonia (that’s the key odor element of urine) that will off gas for up to five years. It's also a perfect breeding ground for bacteria and other biological hazards. All this sounds so terrible but there are ways to remove pet urine stains from carpet.
I have been in the rug cleaning business for some time and I’ve used a lot of methods to remove pet stains and odors from carpet but nothing works like this. Chem-Dry has a simple and effective solution to clean fresh urine stains in carpet without having to use a professional carpet cleaner. Chem-Dry’s World Famous Spot Remover and Pet Odor Remover can completely destroy pet urine stains and odors in the carpet.
1. Whenever you find a fresh urine (it works with all types of urine) spot in the carpet soak up all the liquid as possible using a clean white towel.
2. Spray the spot with Chem-Dry’s World Famous Spot Remover and give it time to dwell for half a minute, then remove the excess solution with a clean white towel.
3. Pour Chem-Dry’s Pet Odor Remover on the Urine spot and allow it to soak in to the carpet and pad underneath, about 30 seconds. Then soak up excess solution using a clean white towel.
4. Apply the pet odor remover again to make certain it has gotten to all the urine. Then soak up the excess solution using a clean white towel.
5. Finally, lay a towel over the spot to ensure it stays wet for 24 hours. It will oxidize the urine crystals, deteriorating the stain and releasing all the ammonia.
When it dries completely the urine smell will be gone along with the spot. Keep in mind if the spot is wet it will smell like urine until it completely dries.
If you’re finding pet urine stains when they have dried call Chem-Dry of Tampa FL, (813) 402-8403. We've got a solution for that too, called PURT.